Версия для слабовидящих transparent_line
Drogichin district
executive committee
(
fotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_image
Belorussia_map
)
Menu
h_line_delimetr
History

There is a beautiful nook of Polesje in the south of the Brest region – Drogichinschina. As historian mentioned the first settlements of people appeared here more than 11-9 thousand years B.C. One of the most ancient site was situated near Homsk village, Gorodok tract. Settlements had covered most of riverine valleys and lakeside lands 7 – 5 thousand years B.C. in the late historical epoch.

From the end of the 9 th century Drogichinschina was a part of Kievskaja Rus. Drogichin Principality with Drogichin as the capital was settled in the middle of the 12 th century. In the 13 th century Drogichin Principality was devastated by Tatar and then it was conquered by Lithuania. In the end of the 18 th century the territory of Drogichin Principality was reverted to Russia.

The town of Drogichin is a centre of the district. For the first time it was mentioned in 1452 as Dovecherovichy village. According to one of the hypotheses the name of Drogichin town is concerened with the tribe “Dregovichy”, which had been inhabited this territory since high antiquity. There is another version wich is related with the location of Drogichin on the crossroad (from Galitskaja Rus to Slonim and Novogrudok, from Brest to Pinsk).

Drogichinschina had been a part of Russian Empire since 1795 and at first belonged to Kobrin uyezd of Slonim province, since 1797 – to Lithuania province and since 1801 – to Grodno province.

In 1915-18 Drogichinschina was occupied by the Kaiser Germany and during World War I was invaded by the bourgeois Poland army.

In 1921-39 Drogichinschina as a part of Poland was the centre of Polesje province. Drogichin and a part of the district were joined to Pinsk district after reunion of Western Belarus and BSSR (1939).

Since June, 25, 1941 Drogichinschina had been occupied by German-fascist invaders. The war brought sorrow and suffering, tears and blood. 28 settlements of the district were entirely or partially ruined. More than 6 thousand people were shot.

Underground district committees worked in the district. The underground newspaper “Krasnaja zarja” was published and thousands of the district's natives fought with fortitude against enemies to approach festive Victory Day.

On July, 17, 1944 the enemy was banished from our country. The district was liberated by the army of the First Byelorussian Front during the Byelorussian offensive.

Since 1954 the district has been a part of the Brest region.

 
Banner
Contact
Drogichin district
executive committee
225612, Drogichin, Lenin str., 138,
e-mail: drgrik@brest.by
h_line_delimetr
Banner
Banner
Drogichin district
executive committee
225612, Drogichin, Lenin str., 138,
e-mail: drgrik@brest.by
Web-site elaboration by
the BRMUE "Centre of Inculcation of Scientific and Technical Researches"
Kamenets Brest Malorita Zhabinka Pruzhany Kobrin Bereza Drogichin Ivatsevichi Ivanovo Baranovichi Liahovichi Gantsevichi Pinsk Luninets Stolin